• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android devices blocking some (Adult?) websites

Could you recap your steps for resolution? My Moto phone suddenly started having the same problem with adult sites.
what phone do you have? and there was never a resolution posted by the op. what happens when you try to access these sites? have you tried other browsers? what wifi are you using? home? have you tried rebooting your router?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
Check if your carrier or ISP isn't blocking access to adult websites. If you're in UK or EU countries, many carriers there do block access to adult, as well as gambling sites. And to get access. you have to prove you're over 18 years old to the carrier. I ran into this problem with Lebara in the UK, while trying to access The National Lottery website.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Could you recap your steps for resolution? My Moto phone suddenly started having the same problem with adult sites.
It turns out that the problem I had was not restricted to adult sites. It just happened that a particular adult site I visit from time to time suddenly became blocked. I was not aware of any other sites being blocked. However, quite unexpectedly I noted that Sky News which I use regularly had something blocked of near the bottom of some pages. It turned out that the items being blocked were actually some advertisements. This then totally changed the perspective as it appeared some Ad Blocker was causing the problem, rather than an Adult Site Blocker.
I then had to check for Ad Blockers on my device and found 1 particular Ad Blocker was causing the problem. So I deactivated it and it cleared the unwanted blocking.
I cannot comment on your particular problem, but, given my experience, you might investigate if you have an Ad Blocker on your device which is causing the problem?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones