• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android ICS earphone problem

OK, so I bought an Android ICS Tablet (Micromax Funbook P300) and it worked OK initially. Earphones worked pretty well and sound quality was ok. However now whenever I open up a video, a weird high-pitched sound is heard, along with a blurred version of the initial sound. The problem does not lie with the media software (I tried Winamp, MX and Super HD player with same results) or with the video file (I used several video clips, even Youtube and self-recorded clips), or even with the earphones (I've got 3 of them but none works on Tab whereas all of them work on my iPod). Moreover, on connecting it to an external speaker through an AUX cable, no high-pitched noise was heard. I'm in a dilemma:(.... please help....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones