• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Incredible - Issues downloading some apps

alecquaid

Lurker
Feb 2, 2012
NC
So, I recently got a refurbished Android Incredible b/c mine started going through periods of restarting itself several times in a row.

Took the "new" android home and started going through the process of reinstalling apps. I used Appbrain online to recover my apps. Everything shows up in the list on my phone in the appbrain app. I hit the execute button and the bar indicates the apps are installing. Unfortunately, when it is done, the apps have not been installed. So I decide to install them 1 by 1.

Besides that issue, I noticed that in order to get some apps to Accept & Download, I must scroll through the permissions. If the app doesn't require any permissions or say there are only 1 or 2 permissions, tapping the Accept & Download button doesn't work. I guess b/c there are no permissions or not enough to actually scroll through. (Not sure this is making any sense.)

I have had a little success getting some of the more difficult apps to Accept & Download after tapping the button several times.

I never had this issue with my original Android Incredible. I've looked through the settings but can't find any differences.

If anyone understands this problem or can shed some light, I would greatly appreciate the assistance.

Thanks!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones