• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android - "Low On Space"

louislolo

Lurker
Mar 11, 2014
Before downloading an 1.14GB app on my Samsung Galaxy Phone, I had 1.24GB Free in my internal storage.
Strangely, I wasn't able to download the app and I got a message saying "Low on space. Phone storage space is getting low."

I don't understand this part why I only have 189MB left of internal storage on my phone when I didn't even manage to download the app. I already use Cache and Memory Cleaner and a Task Killer and I restarted my phone. I've tired looking through my internal storage folders on my pc, but I don't see anything that I can delete. What's happening here? Can anyone solve this?

More typical problem than you would imagine and very annoying for sure. One thing you can try and do is uninstall any apps you don't use any more or move them to an sd card. Depending on how much you want to download the app you could try a factory reset or formatting the phone, but that's more involved because you'll want to get all your personal stuff like pics off there first.

Upvote 0
Pictures and videos will take up a lot of space. So starting there is good. I have received this message before as well on my S4 when down loading large game files. Most of the time, at least for me, some apps require additional files to download and if the app doesn't see the space, it won't finish the down load.

Upvote 0
Android gets really sensitive about low storage space (since it likes to use some of the available storage space for caching). It probably refuses to install that 1.14GB application because it would leave only 100MB free on your device. As others have suggested, free up some space and try again. :)

I regularly use an app called DiskUsage to quickly identify what's taking up my storage space.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones