• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android phone best HD video?

TommyWommy

Lurker
Mar 5, 2012
I have seen other threads about this but not in 2012 so here's my story:

I have an HTC Incredible adr6300 which I love. the little guy just won't quit.

But a job wants me to record video with my phone in at least 720p at 30fps. (1080p would be great too) Which this little guy won't seem to do. He does 720p at 18fps max.

I am looking to upgrade to a new device but I don't want the Iphone4s if I don't have to go there. I like android (duh).

I've also seen alot of articles where a certain phone claims to shoot HD at 30fps but it doesn't actually due to memory shortages or other problems.

So without further ado any recommendations for a new device? Especially video recording quality is the highest priority for me.

for example I'm looking at HTC incredible 2 if that can do the job it would probably be the cheapest for me in my current contract. But I have reservations that it will be any better than the original HTC incredible (it has less than 1GB ram).

If you want a good video phone, don't skimp, get the best possible (Xperia Arc S, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Rezound). Or better yet, just get a video camera. Videos taken with a phone will be limited. Since you will be using 720p or 1080p videos at max FPS, you will probably only get like 45min max video length. It won't matter if you have a 32GB SD card because its using a FAT format which limits file sizes to 4GB. It won't matter if the video you took is only 5min long, once it hits 4GB size, recording stops and you have to start recording again.

Reactions: TommyWommy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones