• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

android stick with sharp tv

gmish

Jul 30, 2014
ugh, why is technology so difficult sometimes.

I have two android sticks. One is an Equiso stick and the other is a Measy U2C. Both work on my almost 10 year old Westinghouse 50" flat screen. Yes, you are reading correctly.... Westinghouse. Stove tops and flat screen TVs.

Yet, neither android stick works on my newly purchased Sharp 70" Aquous. No error message or anything, it's simply as if the TV does not recognize the HDMI stick in the HDMI port. I tried each stick on all 4 HDMI ports on the TV, and neither was recognized on any port.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Gavin

The sticks are not configured at any special resolution as far as I know.... Just default resolution.

The tv is model number lc-70eq10u from sharp. I do not see any seeing to decrease the resolution on this tv. Dint newer tv's detect the input resolution and display it? I don't see how a sharp 70" tv from 2014 would not display an android smart stick.

Upvote 0
EarlyMon, first, let me thank you VERY much for trying to assist with this. Support for the droid sticks is non-existent, and getting Sharp to try and help is like trying to get a 5 year old to cook dinner..... sure, they might try, but it just creates a big mess and can even be dangerous.

When it goes to dark screen with both droid sticks, it does not say what resolution it is defaulting to. I hit the display (info) button on the tv remote and it just shows what HDMI input I am on, and says HDMI underneath... but nothing about resolution. It does this for both sticks. When I have cable TV plugged in however, hitting the same display button shows me the the HDMI input as well as the audio format and TV resolution. With cable, it shows 1080p.

When I plug in the droid sticks, I have tried it 2 ways. First, plugging directly into HDMI port 4 (which is what the cable TV is plugged into). And I have also used a Measy U2C-D (http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Meas...DC-SD-Port-All-in-one-Dock--Stand-314556.html) which is a Mini-PC holder. When I try it this way, I simply remove the HDMI cable from the cable box, and put it into the mini-pc holder. While this works on my 10 year old Westinghouse TV, it does not on my 2014 Smart Sharp Aquous. Neither of the methods of connecting the droid sticks results in anything coming up on the Sharp TV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones