Android tethering dns server not responding

Last Updated:

1. Neobreaker

Neobreaker Member

Hello, I have windows 7home premium 64bit and the samsung galaxy prevail, I am usimg pdanet to tether my prevail to my computer. Btw I have not rooted the phone, anyways my problem is I have extremely slow internet connection and when I do a network diagnostic it says my dns server is not responding, so what im trying to do is speed up the imternet speed as well as figure out why the dns server isnt responding. Also my phone service provider is boost mobile and I have the unlimited everything plan.

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Try reset the antenna, just switch tp airplane mode, wait for a few min then g o online a has again.
  3. Neobreaker

Neobreaker Member

it wont go online in airplane mode. how do i reset antenna?
  4. chanchan05

Actually that's it. Turn it to airplane mode, then turn off airplane mode. Airplane mode is offline mode, all antennae are turned off. Basically switching in and out of airplane mode is turning the antenna on and off.
  5. Neobreaker

Neobreaker Member

oh, well is there any other way to increase the speed im getting because its a 3g speed but the speed im getting on the computer is like dialup
  6. chanchan05

Are you sure you are on 3G connection? Beside the signal bars there should be a letter, G/E/H/3G...what are you getting?
  7. Neobreaker

Neobreaker Member

on the phone it shows 3g
  8. Neobreaker

Neobreaker Member

also i dont really get the dns server problem anymore but the speed i get is still extremely slow almost as bad as dial up, yet the phon says 3g and has full bars
  9. chanchan05

Must be your network or something. I am getting an H there, its pretty slow if it says only 3G, but when it turns to H it becomes very fast.