• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Tv Box Firmware Question

fredblogg

Lurker
Feb 7, 2016
Hi All I was wondering if somebody might be able to help me.

I was given an android tv box for xmas and recently it has been resetting itself everytime I try to use it.
I've tried doing a factory reset but same thing keeps happening so was going to do a firmware reset only problem is I'm unsure what numbers have to match to get the right firmware.

My Device is a :-
Tonbux
Model number:
MXQ
Android version:
Build number:
KOT49H.20150820 test-keys
Kernel version:
tanwei@tanwei #4
Fri Jun 26 12:34:17 cst 2015

I've tried loads of sites but none of them match the same Build number as my box.
I didn't want to use any of the other firmware that didn't match my Build number just incase I damaged the box, I am capable of doing the reset but only if some1 could confirm if the Build number has to be a complete match or if I'm able to use another 1.
I found this latest 1 which is the closest to my number but no luck with exact match anywhere :

KOT49H.20150915 test-keys
Sept 28 2015

Help Appreciated thx in advance.

Fred

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones