• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Update 4.4.2...FAIL

I really do not need the current OS, I use it just as a phone. I did though unlock it just because I could understanding I may have lost the balance of my warranty. I would not recommend others to do it though.

99% of the users out there will never take advantage of benefits from a rooted phone. This is myself included too. My only main reason to drive me is that 4.4.2 sucks battery life like nobody's business. I may, and repeat may, like 4.4.4 or better as with my Nexus 10 this vastly improved battery life from 4.4.3.. There is no guaranty either that someone will get a newer Android Version available but without the unlock there is a guaranty I can't get it on here if it becomes available in other than an OTA and good luck there.

I'm running 4.4.4 right now via CM11 nightlies, so people are creating ROMs for the XT926 line. But, since they are nightlies, there are some issues. Right now, battery life seems good for me. WiFi and 4g signals are weaker than even stock KK, but I'm sure they'll get it fixed eventually. But, I am using CM11 as a daily driver because otherwise, it works pretty darned well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones