• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Updates getting too much to handle?

Why are some people so upset if Google does not update their handset beyond 1.5 or 1.6 ? Besides Google Android what other manufacturer has provided and update with so many new features ? Apple might of done it once or twice not sure, Nokia still the worlds largest smart phone maker has never done this and I m not sure but I dought anyone else has, usually you need to get a new handset to get the new features, sure they have updated the firmware improved it, but never give many new features, I m not defending Google here just saying that people expect to much and get to excited over nothing much, ( my 2 cents)

Upvote 0
I agree with some of you. Google should release updates for Android for all those devises capable of running the update (i.e. all of them). However, Android 3.0 will be different. Companies like HTC need to grow up and realize that "hey, we want our updates. If you don't give em to us, we'll get them on our own." Make Sense an app(sort of), and make it optional! I like the Sense UI's integration with some of the apps. The music app has nice integration with the lockscreen, and that's the only reason I still use it! Make Sense UI an app similar to something like OpenHome, PandaHome, or some other homescreen ui(launchers?). Make them updatable if you want to! Don't force me to use the Sense UI that is not compatable with a LOT of stuff, just because I buy a HTC phone. Likewise, if I were to buy a phone with a the Motoblur/Ninjablur UI, I would force close it, and not use it! I'm a fan of the default homescreen on the Android OS. I'm sure once I update to 2.2(which, even though I have an Eris, the hacker community will bring it to me), I'll likely not use the Sense UI, but use the newly updated default UI.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones