• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Guys im using a siyah kernel with android version 4.0.4. Will this rom work? Is it worth trying out? Also when if i try it and i follow the instructions does it wipe EVERYTHING ? as in contact info, photos and apps?

Hi Tim!

Yes this will work with your version. It's been my main rom for about 8 months, which is a good accomplishment! Definitely worth a try! You will have to do a fullwipe since you're changing roms. fullwipe will erase your apps, contacts, sms/mms, settings and rom/kernel information, but not anything on your internal sd card, including photos/videos and ringtones.

You can backup contacts with your google account, backup your apps using Titanium Backup, and SMS/MMS using SMS backup and restore. When you fullwipe and install AndyX, you then automatically restore contacts with google, and download titanium backup to restore all your apps, including SMS backup and restore, which you then use to restore SMS/MMS :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones