• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Angry Birds Rio

this is bull.. why does the US get it for free for 24 hours while the appstore isnt even available for UK yet..

i installed the app store and downloaded it.. to be told i need info on the account.. i do everythin asked for.. then get told the appstore aint available in the uk yet..

so i install the rio apk file... to be told i need appstore installed to run.. i do that.. and then get told i havent finished purchasing and quits out..

i had played 2 levels nd gave up on it..

any idea on uk release?

Upvote 0
...except on the Droid X. No apps from their store will install.

Though I called Amazon and they said they're working on it. They also credited my account for $5 for the inconvenience.

It installed and plays fine on my dx.

Attachments

• IMG_20110322_104018.jpg
    IMG_20110322_104018.jpg
    854.7 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0
this is bull.. why does the US get it for free for 24 hours while the appstore isnt even available for UK yet..

i installed the app store and downloaded it.. to be told i need info on the account.. i do everythin asked for.. then get told the appstore aint available in the uk yet..

so i install the rio apk file... to be told i need appstore installed to run.. i do that.. and then get told i havent finished purchasing and quits out..

i had played 2 levels nd gave up on it..

any idea on uk release?

Yup just blame us ugly Americans....again :).....for everything.

Upvote 0
Works great on my AT&T N1. Looks like some people are having some app/payment issues, but I ordered through the web-based app store which then sent the download to the app on my phone and everything worked fine. I like the change on idea where I'm not just killing pigs but instead trying to help free birds, although it basically is the same concept.

Upvote 0
That Amazon site is one major PIA!

Enter your user name
-don't remember password?
-we don't recognize that e-mail address

Set up new accnt.
-that email address is already in use (same e-mail address!!)

Set up new account with new e-mail address
-get that set up
-download app
--enter an address
--enter credit card number

Free app you need a credit card number?
This is why I don't deal with places like this. Make it a pain in the ass and I will go somewhere else.

Upvote 0

The required payment thing is rather annoying. I had to reset my password because I haven't used my account in ages (my wife has Amazon Prime as a student so we just purchased everything off that.) Still, after I did that once everything worked fine. I still wish that Rovio would stop making every level unlockable and just open them all up a'la Super Meat Boy. It's ultra annoying to get stuck on a level and not being able to progress.

Upvote 0
Lucky you. A lot of X users are complaining on the game's page in reviews that it won't install.

I click the Install button, and I get a screen that says "Application not installed". This is on three different apps (all the Angry Birds games).

Check this link out. I had the same problem with my DX not installing Angry Birds and I deleted the file listed in the link (too lazy to find it right now) and Angry Birds installs just fine now. I haven't tried downloading Rio yet though for some reason Amazon isn't recognizing my password.

EDIT: just downloaded it and it installed fine on my DX

Upvote 0
I'm guessing it's not working for you either? Don't worry. As long as it's downloaded, you can still get it tomorrow (or whenever the store is fixed).

The site seems to work fine. But the hoops you have to jump thru are a pain. Never got to where the game would download because I don't have credit card info available to me at the present.

Upvote 0

Enter your user name
-don't remember password?
-we don't recognize that e-mail address

Set up new accnt.
-that email address is already in use (same e-mail address!!)

Set up new account with new e-mail address
-get that set up
-download app
--enter an address
--enter credit card number

Free app you need a credit card number?
This is why I don't deal with places like this. Make it a pain in the ass and I will go somewhere else.

Yep, that's why I walked away. If it's FREE, I shouldn't need to enter in any kind of information (especially a credit card number).

Thumbs down to Amazon for this. :mad:

Upvote 0
There should really be a rule about not being allowed to complain about free stuff. If you aren't willing to pull out your credit card for a free app, I'm pretty sure you aren't willing to pull it out to pay for it either. It's free, take it or leave it, you aren't paying for it so don't complain.
/rant

On topic now. Installs just fine on my Vibrant.

Upvote 0
Remember this is a PAID app, it is free as a promotion. If you download it from another source it is piracy. By using the Amazon app store you must abide by their terms of service, which include providing credit card info. Complaining about having to provide this info is like complaining that you must use a gmail address to use the android market. The host states this is what you need to do in order to use this app store, if you wish to not follow the ToS you don't have to use this app store.

Upvote 0
There should really be a rule about not being allowed to complain about free stuff. If you aren't willing to pull out your credit card for a free app, I'm pretty sure you aren't willing to pull it out to pay for it either. It's free, take it or leave it, you aren't paying for it so don't complain.
/rant

Amen.

I think the install problem is with the SD card (as so many apps are with the Droid X, for some odd reason). I can't unmount it and install (since the Amazon App Store won't allow me to install anything with the SD card unmounted), so until they fix it, I'll have to wait.

Upvote 0
/rant

people think they are entitled to everything these days

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones