Animated GIFsSupport

Last Updated:

1. richpadg

richpadg Member

Why won't the G1 show animated GIFs that are received in MMS messages? Is there some way to get this to work?

Rich

Advertisement
  2. tiredhiker

tiredhiker Well-Known Member

Maybe after we get flash they can spend another year to get Gif's to work. They will not even play in the Browser...
  3. noonehereyet

noonehereyet No One... VIP Member

ok, seriously they are working on flash you can see it plan as day in the repo and the actual flash is not controlled by google you can not blame the phone or google for adobe's lack of speed....
  4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I am sure some are Blind, Deaf & tired ... and don't know they are spinning in their own feces ...
  5. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

I think the timeline is more like this:

late 2009 - Flash
    Late 2013 - Garlic Press Functionality
    Early 2025 - paperweight feature perfected
    Mid-Apocalypse - GIF animation.
    :D
    fightingirish likes this.
  6. justjimjpc

rotflmao !!!
  7. Tuzion

Tuzion Member

I flashed my phone to get the early release of the paperweight feature. It works great, but it's a little buggy right now.

Sometimes it slides off the paper :(
  8. justjimjpc

Flash a bit of sand under and on top of the paper first ... this will help until the final release of TackyBuild comes out ..
  9. LoopyLupe

LoopyLupe New Member

Getting back on topic, I actually found a really good image viewer that does animated GIFs yesterday.

It's called Image Viewer (with Animation) - ya srsly, guess the dev doesn't know how to creativelyl name stuff, lol. But whatevs, he knows how to make a good app that works great. Also, this app gave me pinch zoom controls for my jpgs on my Droid!

Image Viewer (with Animation) v1.0 Application for Android | Multimedia
  10. TDF_Software

TDF_Software Member

<personal plug>
    We've just released "Fast Image Viewer Free" to the Android market which supports displaying animated GIFs including in the built-in file browser. You can pinch zoom/pan while they're animating. It also supports animating FLI/FLC files and a lot more.
    </personal plug>