• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ann: Great Little War Game coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubicon - you have sounded a bit deflated with your last few posts - don't worry guys, you've got an awesome game on your hands and we might be coming up with some negative points - but that's only to make it even more perfect

Your long hard slog making it right for android will be worth it :)

p.s. no rest for the wicked - get working on the sequel.... ;)

Reactions: RubiconDude
Upvote 0
Rubicon - you have sounded a bit deflated with your last few posts - don't worry guys, you've got an awesome game on your hands and we might be coming up with some negative points - but that's only to make it even more perfect

Your long hard slog making it right for android will be worth it :)

p.s. no rest for the wicked - get working on the sequel.... ;)
Thanks for that. I guess I am feeling a bit deflated - the sheer volume of weird shit we're getting back was unexpected tbh. (And we're not n00bz here, we've been writing cross platform games on constrained platforms for many years.)

When you hear people talk generally about the vast number of different devices and what a pita it is to manage, they're usually just going on about screen resolutions and stuff. But in our case there are crash bugs in generic code that's already running just fine in over a million iOS installs. It does make me worry that this will continue after release, and we want to make our game a perfectly smooth experience before we push it out.

We'll get there, it's just taking us far longer than it should.

Upvote 0
Thanks for that. I guess I am feeling a bit deflated - the sheer volume of weird shit we're getting back was unexpected tbh. (And we're not n00bz here, we've been writing cross platform games on constrained platforms for many years.)

When you hear people talk generally about the vast number of different devices and what a pita it is to manage, they're usually just going on about screen resolutions and stuff. But in our case there are crash bugs in generic code that's already running just fine in over a million iOS installs. It does make me worry that this will continue after release, and we want to make our game a perfectly smooth experience before we push it out.

We'll get there, it's just taking us far longer than it should.

Don't fret Paul we will wait for this Gem!

Upvote 0
Actually it's about as optimised as it could be - there's a lot of drawing code going on there to say it doesn't look like halo. :)

We fully intend to support all known tablets of sufficient spec so I'm glad it's working nicely. Do you get a better fps at lower visual settings?

I haven't tried as I got my tablet home last night booted it up and the first thing I did was install GLWG and tried it to see if it worked. I played the first mission for 5 minutes and turned it off. I had to help with dinner and get my kids ready for bed and stuff. I'm dying to play with it but now i'm at work! Yuck. LOL i will do some better testing tonight when i'm home.

PS.......by the way don't ever compare your game with halo! Halo is a garbage game and GLWG is the ISH!!!!! LOL It's no Battlefield though :)

Upvote 0
FYI - i tested the game fully on my new Tegra 2 tabby and no matter what the settings are at reguardless of map i'm only getting about 12-15fps. I lower the game quality to low, medium, high and ultra and it never made any difference. I didn't really have any problems with it other then the poor performance. I didn't experience any bugs and the UI works great for tabbies.

Upvote 0
Thanks, good to know.

The perf thing is something we're looking at. This will never be a 60 fps game on account of everything being drawn but it should definitely be running quicker than this.

It is surprisingly smooth at 15fps but on my droid x i like playing on medium settings as it jumps to about 25fps and it's much better.

Upvote 0
Latest beta seems to be running well so far, although I had a very strange problem on installation - game stalled on the splash screen with the music playing, tried exiting after some minutes to the home screen and then just kept getting graphical glitches and could only get out of the situation by pulling the battery and restarting. After restart no problems at all, although the initial load time is still very slow.

Upvote 0
how toget inon beta testing? would like to give it a go onmy xoom

I would like to see that too......the games plays worse on my Iconia A500 Tegra2 then it does on my Droid X. Either way it's playable on both but no matter what the settings are set at the FPS never gets above like 12-15fps. Kind of a bummer but still playable at that.

i did however just update to a new custom rom and kernel and now i'm getting a little better performance out of it. The kernel had updated graphics drivers.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones