• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoyed by Swype

Vihzel

Destroying Balls Everyday
Apr 8, 2010
Manhattan, NY
When the public beta came up not too long ago, I decided to try Swype again. I remembered why I uninstalled in the first place... It keeps making the wrong words. I don't know if I'm doing anything wrong but the accuracy of what I want to say is painstakingly bad. After I finish something, I find myself having to go back and correct like 1 to 3 words per sentence.

Is anyone else having this issue? Its especially difficult when writing words that have the same or extremely similar path of another word.

From this post, I've had to correct around 12 words. Some of them minor, others would change the meaning or be all like "wth?" Worst ones are post changed to ps3 and meaning changed to nanjing.

I report back to using the qwerty because of the great auto correct by HTC.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones