• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying contacts pop-up text bar

firstseek

Lurker
May 3, 2010
I've searched but can't find anyone mention this: I go to contacts ("people") and long-hold menu to bring up the soft keyboard. Anything I type displays on a gray transparent pop up box that stays on top of contacts list, and I can't get rid of it until I reboot. This happens to my friend as well. Is this a feature? How do I get rid of the text box?

I've searched but can't find anyone mention this: I go to contacts ("people") and long-hold menu to bring up the soft keyboard. Anything I type displays on a gray transparent pop up box that stays on top of contacts list, and I can't get rid of it until I reboot. This happens to my friend as well. Is this a feature? How do I get rid of the text box?

Back button doesn't get rid of it?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones