• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Annoying GPS warning with new update

ProxisTech

Mar 21, 2011
I checked first and couldn't find this anywhere so...doers anyone know how to get rid of the ANNOYING warning EVERY time I enable my GPS? Do we really need to agree to this EVERY time. I shut if frequently to help save the LOVELY battery life on the TB!

Anyone know how to disable this?

(Please don't tell me to root my phone...I wont)

Click the other button...the one on the right if I remember correctly. The one on the left essentially says to "warn me every time." The GPS still works if you click the other button.

The other button says Cancel, and if you tap that button, GPS services will not turn on.

Is like a way to disable the message too. I could on my BlackBerry and dumb phones.

Upvote 0
The other button says Cancel, and if you tap that button, GPS services will not turn on.

Is like a way to disable the message too. I could on my BlackBerry and dumb phones.

I figured out what is going on. I use a widget to toggle GPS, and it does not pop the warning up. I verified that it does toggle the setting in the settings menu, and maps popped up a warning that GPS was off.

(I use the HTC widget, by the way.)

Keep in mind I am rooted and not using the stock ROM, so that might be the difference, too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones