• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Another one of those threads

Ok I searched and had trouble so here it is. Don't flame me :D
I have not rooted yet but I have a replacement Eris in the mail and plan to root it the day I get it.

I kinda know what rom's I maybe using but, my biggest concern (since I have heard so many people bitching that they have had several replacements) is if I have a hardware issue can I go back to something close enough to Sence and 2.1 to return the phone if I have more problems. The only hardware issue I have know that is crippling at this point is the track ball. Which I had a problem with on my old Eris.

So I guess another question is with root; can I disable the track ball.

I just want to have my bases covered so I don't get screwed if the phone breaks in the hardware department. I understand problems with software are my fault if I choose to root.

Oh and what is JIT?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones