• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Another update

tony787

Sep 3, 2010
I got the update the other day so this has to be a new one. Unfortunately, I just installed Velocity and I don't really want to go back unless it's something good. Has anyone else seen this yet? Also, if I do go back to the LG firmware, do I have to unroot the phone before installing the update?

I got the update the other day so this has to be a new one. Unfortunately, I just installed Velocity and I don't really want to go back unless it's something good. Has anyone else seen this yet? Also, if I do go back to the LG firmware, do I have to unroot the phone before installing the update?

If you just flashed velocity it's normal that you would get this update. You get the update because velocity is based on v8. Techincally if you click install now while on velocity it should boot into recovery and get some validation error and it wont install. That's what you have to do to get the update notification to stop poping up every 30 minutes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones