• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Antenna on the back of battery door

Status
Not open for further replies.

longdaddy

Nov 16, 2009
Rutledge, TN
Just came from twitter where HTCPedia had this article about the black, yellow and red insides of new phones. and they said the antenna was located on the back of the battery door and if you had it off you would have no signal haha im just a little amused i guess by that because i dont really understand how this works i mean if it doesnt connect somehow when the door is on and im a little worried the signal might not be the best what if the battery door gets loose or something idk what do you guys think

From Black to Yellow and Red. HTC Adds Color to HD Mini, EVO 4G and Incredible Devices

oh wow an "article" on some website run by someone who has no technological knowledge. What a great resource!.... not....

The back cover does not hold any kind of antenna. Please stop spreading this kind of nonsense.
So your saying HTC the people who make the phone dont know what there talking about you must didnt read the article or your just really.... nevermind

During our meeting with HTC at the CTIA 2010, we have learned this information about the antenna on the battery covers of these new devices. In addition, I have examined and found the same antenna on the battery cover of HTC Desire, even though it has a black color design. Which means we might see more and more devices with antenna on the inside of the battery cover.

Well folks, be careful not to lose your battery cover door, from one of these new HTC devices listed above, otherwise it will leave you helpless, or should we say "disconnected from the world".

Upvote 0
HTC Legend Review - Know Your Cell

Now don't you just feel all kinds of smart...

I'm skeptical that the antenna is actually in the battery door. The quoted passage seems (to me) to be saying that the antenna is behind the battery door, and the battery door is plastic (while the rest of the case is aluminum) so as to not block RF to the antenna.

Unless I see a battery door with contacts that mate to contacts inside the phone, I doubt that's where the antenna actually is. It also seems to me this would be a nightmare from a design/engineering and regulatory (e.g. FCC) approval perspective.

Upvote 0
HTC Legend Review - Know Your Cell

Now don't you just feel all kinds of smart...

ROFL.....

There is no way there is an antenna in the plastic back cover of the Incredible. There are no wires or metal contacts going to it.

Take the cover off and watch your signal strength stay exactly the same. The part on the plastic back cover people think is the antenna is just part of the mold used in the manufacturing process.

P.S.
That comic is funny as hell.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones