Any future for this phone?General

Last Updated:

1. yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Admittedly, im new to android, and Im not sure how this works. When I say future im speaking of developers/rooting/etc.

Do all android devices eventually get rooted etc? Or does this phone have potential to be skipped by XDA and what not for being unpopular?

It just seems like this phone wont sell very well. And if my math is right, no developers interested in picking this device up means no future for rooting! Which is a shame, because it runs circles around the Devour or the Moment imo. And specially that horrid Backflip device (imo).

Advertisement
  2. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Being on verizon and half the price of the leading droid's will do very well for this phone, especially if it is buy one get one, which at some point im sure it will. Its competition are the eris and devour, with the eris being the only real contender. Itll probably do well.

3. Android_LIFE

Android_LIFE Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong,
    Verizon is phasing out the Eris, went into Verizon today where I live, and they don't even have an Eris on display anymore.

4. yellowfrizbee

yellowfrizbee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was in there today and played with the Eris. Its still there as far as I know. Adorable little thing!

And @ Legion, thanks. I guess I can just hope for the best. If this device plans on updating to 2.2 (even if its way in the future) I think it may be able to compete and keep up.