1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Any golfers out there

Last Updated:

1. tf442

tf442 Member This Topic's Starter

There is an app called "Droidcaddie" which is a great golf GPS and score tracker. I have been using it for a couple months and it works great. There is a free trial version and I think you will buy it if you give it a try. A few negative reviews in the market, but give it a try.

Tim

Advertisement
  2. indacup

indacup Member

I have Droidcaddie...but I do not see a way to download my course onto it...anyone know how???

3. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Well-Known Member

If your course doesn't exist, you can make your own on their website. It uses Bing's satellite imagery.

4. Ashworth

Ashworth Member

I think I will be building a GPS Golf application for Android... I think the first version will just be simple with just GPS data to the front, middle and back of the green with a very simple GUI.

Later I will add the ability to save your score, record stats and that kind of thing.

Wish me luck!

Ash

5. jeepguy_1980

jeepguy_1980 Well-Known Member

I wish you luck. There are apps that do just that and pretty well. And that is a place to start. But if you want your app to be more than just a hobby to you, it needs to do more. It seems like the market is in need of a really good golf app and if you can fill that hole, then it could pay off.

6. kunfusion

kunfusion Member

Freecaddie is another excellent option; the free version shows front/middle/back. I used it on the Windows Mobile platform, and I think the location awareness feature on Android makes it even better. For example, I used to have to search for a course name from a specified city, state; this Android version just lists the courses closest to your current location and lets you download them.

7. Ashworth

Ashworth Member

Thanks. I am sure it will be good, i am a geek that like to golf. cant go wrong... :D