• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any good app for monitoring charging power?

badutahboy

Jan 8, 2010
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a good app for determining the actual amount of current your phone is receiving through the charger. I have several car chargers, cables, and USB ports that are unknown as to what they actually put out in current, and I'd like to figure it out...

I tried the battery monitor widget, but found that it's info isn't accurate at all. For example, one of my good car chargers showed no difference at all under battery flow than when the phone was disconnected from the cable.

Any help?

Can confirm it shows the mA taken out of the battery when in use, and shows mA's, using a minus figure, when connected to a charger.

Though the charging figure is a little confusing :thinking:, -372mA when connected to the mains? should this be nearer 1.2A using the OEM charger?

How much power does the phone usually run at at idle? Could be that is the charging minus the juice the phone is using to run? :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones