• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any good apps under ~£1/$1

• Thread starter milesbennetdyson
  • Start date
$.99 (or 99p, I believe) is the minimum price that Google lets developers set for their apps. If you want to spend less than that, you should wait for one of the fairly-regular Google-sponsored sales - some apps/games get discounted to $.10 then!

Android Police usually does a pretty good job of staying on top of those sales. :thumbsupdroid:

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
I think that's where I went wrong! I spent my first 10p on Runtastic to see if it worked, then £1.99 on another app and now I'm stuck with 91p.

There's quite a few apps for 59p or 69p, but they're mainly rubbish or games for kids. Just wondered if anyone here had any suggestions.

I'm just trying to use the 91p from PayPal because I normally buy apps with my card or Opinion Rewards, seems a shame to waste it. It's only valid until the end of the month I think.

Upvote 0
$.99 (or 99p, I believe) is the minimum price that Google lets developers set for their apps. If you want to spend less than that, you should wait for one of the fairly-regular Google-sponsored sales - some apps/games get discounted to $.10 then!

Must be a US thing as I've bought tonnes of apps which weren't on sale for less than £0.99. This could be a currency conversion issue though.

Thora, does it credit your Play or PayPal account? From the AP article I read, it's PayPal?

I've a tonne of stuff on my wishlist for less than a quid.

Combo Crew
Cubes Vs Spheres
Dynamic Keyboard
Mador Icon Pack
Tersus Icon Pack
Rocket Robo
Vintage Icon Pack
Block Rogue
Dark Guardians
Heroes: A Grail Quest
Muffin Knight
Superfrog HD

I'm not promising any of the games are any good, looking through the list there are probably a few I've added for my 6 year old sons tablet.

Upvote 0
Must be a US thing as I've bought tonnes of apps which weren't on sale for less than £0.99. This could be a currency conversion issue though.

Found it! https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/table/3541286
AHm8Soi.png

GBP .50 ~ .75 USD
USD .99 ~ .66 GBP
(according to Google, at least)
So I guess they just went for the round-ish numbers.

Upvote 0
It credits your PayPal account and you link it to your Google account. So when you go to buy an app you can choose to pay normally, via Opinion Rewards or with PayPal.

Thanks for that list El Presidente, I'll have a look through.

I think the offer is on until the end of the month (I may be wrong!) if anyone's interested. Not sure if it's a UK only offer or not.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones