• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any hope for homebodies?

I get this game is meant to get people off the couch. Other than incense, is there much hope for people who mostly just want to play at home? I have to venture out for supplies, sadly..
Actually there is hope for you. There is an app called Lucky Patch and another called Fake GPS. The combination of these two apps can give you the ability to "travel" wherever you want with out leaving home. There is some work to do with this, if you desire and you still have an issue with "walking" but it can be done.

Upvote 0
Actually there is hope for you. There is an app called Lucky Patch and another called Fake GPS. The combination of these two apps can give you the ability to "travel" wherever you want with out leaving home. There is some work to do with this, if you desire and you still have an issue with "walking" but it can be done.
I hope there aren't a lot of people out there doing this. If you don't want to walk around you don't have to play. Don't be a cheater.

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
Pssh if I could pop to and from a pokestop thats JUST to far to walk and JUST to close to be silly to drive to, I'd be happy. There's jack in my neighborhood.

But, I think they are banning people for it anyway.

I was able to get the map to place me and populate stops and gyms with a fake gps app, but when I tried to spin the stop for balls it said 'please try again later'.

Very tricky to even get it that far I went through 3 different apps.

I don't know if I'd use it regularly and be a full time cheater anyway, mostly just experimenting with bugs and trickery. I'm not even sure how much longer this will keep me entertained lol.

Upvote 0
I'm sure it has been discussed here, but if you create an ingress account (pick blue!) and then go to the Intel map www.ingress.com/intel you can see what areas have good portal/pokestop density. There is a good chance there is a place you like to hang out at that has a few. In San Diego ingress players love things brewed and good food. Good restaurants, bars (and breweries) and coffee shops usually have a few portal/pokestops so you might find a cool place to hang out. Maybe even meet some people. I made some really good friends when I played ingress and while I don't play that anymore, we are all still great friends.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones