• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any New Alternative Skype Cleints?

TK423

Lurker
Jul 27, 2010
I've never used Fring but just recently heard about it's banned support of Skype.

That being said, as of now are there any simple to use, good quality Skype alternatives?

The Skype app for Android does not allow use over WiFi which makes it essentially useless, so are there any Skype apps that allow to use WiFi?

check out voipbustercaller, works over wifi.
You just need to set up an account for 10 € and you receive 180 freedays for calling to a bunch of landlines and mobiles, check out their website.
After your freedays you just pay with what's on your account, but it is really cheap, cheaper than my provider.
I called from Belgium to New York and from Zakynthos to Belgium, all for free, with wifi.
I use it for several years now to call my friends in Spain on their landline and I saved a lot of € allready. This is partly the reason why I bought myself a droid, because it works with wifi and droid, the sky really is the limit !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones