Any Phones That Take the Esteem SIM Card?General

Last Updated:

1. Nazrac

Nazrac Member

I have done a number of searches and so far no luck. I am looking for a web site that lists the type of SIM card and networks that each phone accepts. Ultimately I would like to know which phones (if any) will readily accept the SIM card from my Esteem and work.

Advertisement
  2. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

The Esteem (and all other metro 4G phones) does not carry a true SIM card, but a modified and customized UICC card. They are not meant to be interchangeable, sorry. :(
  3. Nazrac

Nazrac Member

Bummer. :(
  4. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

its a UIIC card period not a sim card, and no they are none transferable. Its not modded or customized, just locked to the device it was initially installed in.
  5. akikhia

akikhia Well-Known Member

actually all lte devices after the esteem have interchangeable sim cards and metropcs can change the iccid of the registered sim card. i found this out while activating another phone on my account. esteem to connect and connect to motion and back. i was left with a motion with 4g and no phone and a connect with phone and no 4g. i was able to swirch sim cards and that fixed it. however i ended up calling metro having them change the registered sim card.

so i wouldnt be surprised if we can use the sim cards just for internet access on a device. not sure if it means the device's imei must be registered
  6. PlayfulGod

I was referring to the Esteems, its not transferable. And sdcards are still just sdcards. ;)
  7. akikhia

hahahaha typo i meant sim card
  8. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Well-Known Member

I've tried using different UICC cards on different devices. Doesn't work. Something about the data on the card coincides with the phone. Although I've heard a replacement can be gotten from Metro, I've never actually seen someone go through that process.

Metro is GSM (CDMA) Momentary judgement lapse. Shoot me. GSM (CDMA) networks dont use sim cards such as Verizon.

If you have a phone that CAN accept a sim card but is a GSM phone, it can be unlocked to work on other networks.

Some newer Metro phones "might" take sim cards, havent checked any new phones, but I dont see why being that it's GSM.

This is why you see soooooo many Metro 4G phones on Ebay with out the "sim card". LOL. These moron dealers think its a sim card so they remove it thus leaving the buyer really pissed off when they get the phone. Some of those phone dealers on Ebay are nothing more than trap houses in the ghetto pushing stolen phones.
  9. akikhia

metro is cdma not gsm
    the sim card swap will work on anything newer than a lg esteem and they can be replaced
    no metro phones will ever accept sim cards for anything but 4g lte
  10. PlayfulGod

UIIC Cards, not SIM cards ;)
  11. Fuzzy13

12. Fuzzy13

Yeah that one. lol
  13. PlayfulGod

14. Fuzzy13

Not at all. People getting screwed on Ebay everyday because of it.
  15. PlayfulGod

yea people should know a lil about wtf they are buying, cdma doesnt have sim cards, only gsm. CDMA at the most will have a UICC card, but alot are builtin now too. ;)