• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Any possible way to hook the rooted admire up to an hdtv via hdmi or other route?

it doesn't, it's just got a micro usb and headphone output. There's an adapter that exists for micro usb to hdmi, but it's made for high-end phones (mostly those with dual processors and with built-in capability). Amazon.com: Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter IMPROVED WITH RCP (Remote Control Protocol) for Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Evo 4G Tablet, HTC Sensation 4G, Sprint Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy Nexus: Cell Phones & Accessories
I'm wondering if there's a way to utilize this adapter for the admire, or if there's a loophole that would make it capable of transmitting to an hdtv.

Upvote 0
i mean you could try it and see how it goes, the onl two ways i see it happening is with an adapter seeing how there isnt a cable available for the Admire to connect to a tv. or the more experimental way would be to get and one of those cables that connects phone to the tv and cut it, strip the wire covering. then do the same with an admire cord and then solder the cable appropriately but i doubt that would even work lol id try adapters if it were me lol, if it fits into the mini usb port of the phone it should work and by the looks of it, the adapter from amazon is the same shape

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones