Any possible way to hook the rooted admire up to an hdtv via hdmi or other route?Support

1. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

Just a shot in the dark, and I know that it's a lot to ask from our little pal, the admire. But is it even possible? is there an app or program to make it possible?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Well if the Admire uses a typical Micro HDMI output then you could just get a Micro HDMI to HDMI and plug it into the TV
  3. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

it doesn't, it's just got a micro usb and headphone output. There's an adapter that exists for micro usb to hdmi, but it's made for high-end phones (mostly those with dual processors and with built-in capability). Amazon.com: Menotek Micro USB to HDMI MHL Adapter IMPROVED WITH RCP (Remote Control Protocol) for Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Evo 3D, HTC Evo 4G Tablet, HTC Sensation 4G, Sprint Epic 4G Touch, Galaxy Nexus: Cell Phones & Accessories
    I'm wondering if there's a way to utilize this adapter for the admire, or if there's a loophole that would make it capable of transmitting to an hdtv.
  4. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

i mean you could try it and see how it goes, the onl two ways i see it happening is with an adapter seeing how there isnt a cable available for the Admire to connect to a tv. or the more experimental way would be to get and one of those cables that connects phone to the tv and cut it, strip the wire covering. then do the same with an admire cord and then solder the cable appropriately but i doubt that would even work lol id try adapters if it were me lol, if it fits into the mini usb port of the phone it should work and by the looks of it, the adapter from amazon is the same shape
  5. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

Once I muster up the will to shell out 15 $ for the experiment, I'll let you guys know how it went.
  6. mai8ko

mai8ko Well-Known Member

Thanks qandres12, but that's a micro hdmi > hdmi, not a micro usb > hdmi, which is what I'm looking for. The admire doesn't have a micro hdmi output.:(