• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any quality, speed, signal difference between BYOP plans and Individual plans?

I have a LG N4, and am currently on the prepaid $50 plan, and just curious if there are any added benefits to the actual Individual $60 plan as far as service or speed
The $50 plan only has fast speeds on the first 500mbs of data downloaded.
the $60 has fast speeds on the first 2.5gbs after those limits you get throttled to about 2G speeds, 200kbs or so.

If your question is pertaining to going post paid vs prepaid the only real differences I have heard about are the ability to get a interest free loan on one of their phones and pay it in your bill.
Some have also said that in times of heavy congestion on t mobile towers post paid users will get priority data.

Upvote 0
Thanks! I like the data speedboat don't get great service in my house which isn't good.. So to get the better service what do you have to do? I was thinking about going to net10 or ST but the app, slow browsing and no mms issue have me debating .. They by far have the best coverage up here being att but not sure if I want those issues and headaches as I am pretty new to android after having a iPhone for the past 5years

Upvote 0
Thanks! I like the data speedboat don't get great service in my house which isn't good.. So to get the better service what do you have to do? I was thinking about going to net10 or ST but the app, slow browsing and no mms issue have me debating .. They by far have the best coverage up here being att but not sure if I want those issues and headaches as I am pretty new to android after having a iPhone for the past 5years
You can get those issues sorted out, I know getting the correct working APN for both can be painful and frustrating but doable.
The slow browsing would be because att does not use HSPA+ 42 so your limited to the slower version I dont know what your speeds would be but I have heard 3-7mbs down is normal in good coverage areas. Not sure what app your talking about never heard any mention of it. MMS issues are APN so get that sorted and you have mms.

Upvote 0
You can get those issues sorted out, I know getting the correct working APN for both can be painful and frustrating but doable.
The slow browsing would be because att does not use HSPA+ 42 so your limited to the slower version I dont know what your speeds would be but I have heard 3-7mbs down is normal in good coverage areas. Not sure what app your talking about never heard any mention of it. MMS issues are APN so get that sorted and you have mms.

Well I might give it a shot then , net10 that is and if it's not fixed after a month I'll be back on a tmo postpaid to see if I can get a little better service.. On tmo hspa I'm getting about 4-5DL and about 1 upload.. So I'mguessing iit's 21.. Thanks guys and I'msure iI'll be back k lol

Upvote 0
Yes, on my HSPA, I am avg 6-7 mbps download and 1.5 mbps upload. It is not bad. Good for video n everything else.

I find data roaming not necessary as all the small and mid city cities have Tmobile coverage like anyone else.

When you get out to the country, it doesnt matter. Nobody has data coverage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones