• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any reason to not ditch X for Incredible?

Battery life on the Dinc was a huge issue for me until i switched to an extended life battery (3500 nmh... the huge one). I hated to go to the bigger bulkier size, but it's not really an issue for me. Now the battery life is not bad at all. Unless i'm really pounding it, i can go two days between charges as long as i get a full charge (shut down while charging), otherwise i can get a full day with no problem at all. I have no issues with reception, so i can't comment on that.

Upvote 0
Battery life on the Dinc was a huge issue for me until i switched to an extended life battery (3500 nmh... the huge one). I hated to go to the bigger bulkier size, but it's not really an issue for me. Now the battery life is not bad at all. Unless i'm really pounding it, i can go two days between charges as long as i get a full charge (shut down while charging), otherwise i can get a full day with no problem at all. I have no issues with reception, so i can't comment on that.

Eh, If I use my X a lot I can't get through a day with this either so won't be a big change there.

Hows the ROM community look on the INC?

Upvote 0
I don't have a lot to compare to, but there seems to be quiet a few to choose from. Just installed Gingerbread Fusion Roberj13 - Beta 13 today. I really like that, but have gotten a couple of FC's. From my perspective there seems to be quiet a bit of support and dev's.

You can check out theincrediblelist site for reviews and screens shots on a lot of them.

Upvote 0
Eh, If I use my X a lot I can't get through a day with this either so won't be a big change there.

Hows the ROM community look on the INC?

rom community is great there are plenty of roms to choose from, including many with htc sense or plain vanilla if you so choose. Even if you don't want to upgrade to a 3500mah battery there are a number of options that do not require a new back, there is a seidio 1750 mah battery that isn't too great, there is an 1800mah battery available online, and even a 1500mah batter. Any of those are a good improvement over the stock battery.

There are gingerbread roms in development right now and i have heard great things from people using those early builds. Overall it is a great phone, and if you aren't going to be in a 4g area for awhile i would go for it. If you will get 4g, the thunderbolt might be a better choice for you in a month or two.

Upvote 0
One can hope, since the RUU has already been leaked. Even if you aren't in a 4g area the thunderbolt will do 3g and wifi just as good as anything else. just with a bigger screen, newer chip, and more ram. I would say if you are going to spend money on a new phone definitely go with the thunderbolt since it has the newest version of sense as well as 4g.

Upvote 0
I cannot see someone moving to the Inc from the X unless you are looking for a smaller phone. That being said; some things you might enjoy are optical track pad, amoled screen, Sense UI, better ROMs(from what I understand), and the fact that it is not a Motorola.

I would not recommend switching right now unless you are getting a steal on the Inc.

If you Root and get a solid ROM the battery issue will be covered. plus, you can stuff a 1500mAh EVO battery in there w/o changing the back plate.

Upvote 0
I just got a new phone on Sunday (gave the Fascinate to a family member and stole their upgrade), since I root and ROM all my phones I went with the Inc and the MIUI ROM, which is just absolutely fan-freaking-tastic.

The DX is easier to type on because the bigger screen allows for larger keys, and the inclusion of Swype (the best keyboard I have ever used).

If MIUI was available for the DX, I would have got the DX.

I also now have the option of using a 2.3 based ROM, but the truth is MIUI is everything a person could ask for. Plus the phone was $50 bucks at Best Buy.

-Mike

Upvote 0
I had the X since september, a day or two after christmas my wife wanted an android phone. since the incredible was free at best buy, we got her that one.

however then she started worrying about the screen size and durbility, long story short..she stole my X and I got the inc, here are my observations..

- the X has better battery life, however this can be fixed with an extended battery. I have my eye on the seidio 1750 that fits behind the stock door.
- the INC seems much snappier, I had my X running a few custom roms and the stock INC still seems snappier.
- the INC IMHO has a better camera, yes the X has better colors but the INC seems to focus better.
- I love swype, luckily for me the swype beta opened back up.
- internal storage is accessible on the inc.
- INC has much less bloatware, still there, but not nearly as bad.
- INC has 300MB ram free, X has about 100MB (same 60 apps installed to both)

there are just things that I have noticed, I love the INC over the X ( my wife actually attempted to steal the inc after a week)...I hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones