• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root any roms

Originally Posted by achilles1643
I wanna port a custom for lg lucid 2 the custom rom I wanna port is the cyanogenmod KitKat ROM the version I wanna use is the LG Spectrum version of it and port it the lg spectrum has a dual core as well. It's also Snapdragon just like the LG Lucid is this possible?

"not impossible, but gonna take alot of work as it looks like the last rom put out for it was jellybean based? the internals arent that far apart, just used phenom's github work as a base and try to build instead of port. good luck!" -someone on the CyanogenMod thread

edit: lg spectrum seems to be a little further away hardware wise, that would be more work

Sooo... I think I'm gonna go with this game plan what do you think?

Upvote 0
Reactions: achilles1643
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have an idea for lucidian while my rom is being compiled. If we add libart.so and libart-compiler.so to system/lib with my flashable zip and do this modificiation adb - Manually switch from ART to Dalvik - Android Enthusiasts Stack Exchange (backwards of course) then we might be able to run art.
Also I'm gonna be editing to build.prop in the ROM I do a lot of it as it is so that will come in handy
Also if we're tag teaming this lets agree on a name... How does the Lucid Dream sound?

Upvote 0
Also I'm gonna be editing to build.prop in the ROM I do a lot of it as it is so that will come in handy
Also if we're tag teaming this lets agree on a name... How does the Lucid Dream sound?

That sounds chill to me dude.
Also, I think we should find a better way to converse about this stuff. Like skype or google hangouts. I thought you were building the kernel and i was building the rom?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
@lgrootnoob

I noticed you're including my kernel in your rom. I never gave anyone permission to include my kernel in any roms.

I know your think its not place to say sorry but im apart of this rom its only fair I take some blame for this.... actually was gunna ask permission to use your kernel please exuse him for this..... can we please use your kernel

Upvote 0

so I tested the rom using the modded cwm touch recovery app to install everything appeared fine.... no errors what so ever however it never booted .... unbricking now.... also do I use your toolkit somehow before I unbrick? or what... how do I go about suing the toolkit

Upvote 0
I know your think its not place to say sorry but im apart of this rom its only fair I take some blame for this.... actually was gunna ask permission to use your kernel please exuse him for this..... can we please use your kernel

OK you can use my current kernel as long as you give me credit for it in your rom post, but do not use my rom in your project.

Upvote 0
OK you can use my current kernel as long as you give me credit for it in your rom post, but do not use my rom in your project.

I just dropped the .lok in there cause i needed it to boot with apps removed.
Of course i was gonna credit you.

Also, can i ask how you built the build.prop and added all the keylayout files and extra libs?
Did you copy those from the stock rom?

Upvote 0
so I tested the rom using the modded cwm touch recovery app to install everything appeared fine.... no errors what so ever however it never booted .... unbricking now.... also do I use your toolkit somehow before I unbrick? or what... how do I go about suing the toolkit

The toolkit was only for capturing the dmesg and logcat of the rom. Your supposed to do that while it boots.

You can do your regular method of recovering. Which you gotta tell me about, cause it takes a genius to recover this phone. Does it use the lgmobilesupport tool? I remember using that to recovery my optimus u one time.

Anyways, im waiting for a response from GT ^ about all the extra stuff in the rom.

I also added you to my circles on g+, add me back mayne. At what time can i do a hangout with you? (btw, im gonna be with bad internet for a couple days cause we have to go see my grandma at the hospital in oklahoma. And im not taking any of my gear.)

Upvote 0
I just dropped the .lok in there cause i needed it to boot with apps removed.
Of course i was gonna credit you.

Also, can i ask how you built the build.prop and added all the keylayout files and extra libs?
Did you copy those from the stock rom?

Cool, but next time ask first if it's even ok to include someone's work in your project.

Yes, just grab a clean untouched stock rom and make all your mods/changes to it. Build.prop can be left as is or tweaked with any mods you're interested in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones