• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any updates on US release?

I tested the SG2 out in London last week (at a Game store- the store name is "Game") at Oxford Circus.

Due to thin size, easier to use with one hand than I thought it would be. Not seeing how an LTE radio would work with this thin form factor, so guessing the "3G only" rumors for the SG2 are true for VZW. The device seemed cool while testing apps out and in spite of being a store demo, did not lag while testing it out.

Upvote 0
Not having a solid date sucks. Especially when you're trying your best NOT to buy an EVO 3D. However as bad as I want the phone, I absolutely refuse to do anything with AT&T.

why would you even consider getting a phone that has reportedly horrible battery life (Evo3D)?
i decided i was done with Sprint shortly after i became a customer of theirs because the service was extremely shoddy in my area. had a great experience with AT$T previously when i had an iPhone 3G/S so that was the clear choice for me. plus no contract = no brainer

Upvote 0
why would you want a phone that has reportedly horrible battery life?
i decided i was done with Sprint shortly after i became a customer of theirs because the service was extremely shoddy in my area. had a great experience with AT$T previously when i had an iPhone 3G/S so that was the clear choice for me. plus no contract = no brainer

The SG2 does not have "horrible" battery life. The great majority of users here are quite happy. I have no complaints.

You need to toss out the best and the worst of the comments and the truth is somewhere in between.:eek:

Upvote 0
The SG2 does not have "horrible" battery life. The great majority of users here are quite happy. I have no complaints.

You need to toss out the best and the worst of the comments and the truth is somewhere in between.:eek:

wut :thinking:

you read my reply incorrectly...
"reportedly horrible battery life" was in reference to the Evo3D

i have nothing but positive things to say about my SGS2

edit: updated my post so it's very clear what i was referring to.

All AT&T accounts have a contracted time involved. You will need to sign a contract to open a new line. I had one so it was just changing sim cards.

this is completely false. i did sign something, but it was agreeing to all the features and such that i chose. i can leave them right this second if i chose to and not pay an ETF. not paying an ETF (early termination fee) means no contract.

Upvote 0
Not having a solid date sucks. Especially when you're trying your best NOT to buy an EVO 3D. .

I had good intentions to stick with my OG EVO and give the GS2 a chance to get to Sprint. But I weakened at the critical moment last night and placed an early order for an EVO 3D! If some of the bad things alleged about it are true, I may still return it in favor of aSprint Galaxy.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones