• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any way to backup and restore my home screen layout?

Sak01

Android Expert
Mar 5, 2011
I used Titanium for the first time after a wipe and I must say it's a very nifty little app.

The only problem is that I still had to re-layout my Home screens. Is there any way to automate this? Namely getting back my wallpaper, widgets, shortcuts etc.

edit: and another thing; the reason I wiped is that I was downloading a bunch of apps from the Market when I got the dreaded 'low on space' warning.

This in spite of the fact that I've got app2sd+ enabled. After Titanium restored my apps it was fine but whilst installing more apps from market I can see the internal memory creeping down again. What gives?

mybackup pro .... this will back up EVERYTHING! its what i use ..

it will backup the home screens settings and then when you wipe... reinstall in and run a restore and it will put everything abck in place... even widgets you havent installed yet will have a placeholder where they would have been

jus have to delete them and replace them when the widget is back installed...

Reactions: Sak01
Upvote 0
mybackup pro .... this will back up EVERYTHING! its what i use ..

it will backup the home screens settings and then when you wipe... reinstall in and run a restore and it will put everything abck in place... even widgets you havent installed yet will have a placeholder where they would have been

jus have to delete them and replace them when the widget is back installed...
Thanks for that.

I guess I should have bought that instead of Titanium Backup Pro. Are there any freebies out there that will backup just the Home screens?

edit: I found MyBackup Root which does what I need. Nice.

Upvote 0
I have had awful luck with Mybackup Pro! My contacts restore are duplicated! It keeps restoring emails from Google Contacts when I tell it not to! For every number you have in a contact it creates an additional contact! My home screen does not restore correctly! It fails and I need an app that works for backing up Home Screen and Contacts reliably and does not make me have to spend 20 damn minutes deleting all the crap contacts.

Upvote 0
I haven't used a Sense ROM since before Go Launcher existed, so cannot comment on that. ADW worked OK with Sense when I last used them together, but that was August 2010 so a lot will have changed since then.

What problems are you having? You won't be able to use the Sense widgets with any 3rd party launcher, if that is the issue, but there are alternatives for most of these.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones