• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to clean up my SD card

Once I flash to recovery there are a bunch of old ROM's, gapps, swiftkey, circle battery mod etc that I don't use anymore. Is there any way to get into the SD card and erase these downloads? Thanks:D

You can use a file explorer like EStrongs File Explorer app from the Android Market. You can also plug your handset into your computer and mount it as a USB mass storage device to view the contents of your microSD card.

If I have extra files on my microSD card I just use the file explorer. I like taking care of as many things as I can directly on my Sprint HTC Hero.

Upvote 0
You can use a file explorer like EStrongs File Explorer app from the Android Market. You can also plug your handset into your computer and mount it as a USB mass storage device to view the contents of your microSD card.

If I have extra files on my microSD card I just use the file explorer. I like taking care of as many things as I can directly on my Sprint HTC Hero.

+1

Upvote 0
Rather than delete stuff I might find that I need later, I generaly copy the complete contents of the SD card to a folder on my computer. Then I delete from the SD card. If I find something missing, or an app not functioning properly, I have a back up on the computer. The space is not at such a premium on the computer. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones