• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help any way to link phone to PC to manipulate/view screen from my PC Monitor?

eguy2

Lurker
Apr 12, 2014
I dropped my S3, the phone screen was cracked badly, the display could still be seen but the touch screen did not work. I pressed around on the screen and eventually the display stopped showing up, now only a blue gradient colour comes up.

I imagine my screen is messed up and needs repair.

Until then, I was wondering if there was any way to USB my S3 to my computer to view an "emulation" of the screen on my monitor? So that I could for example make a call by selecting a contact off of the PC Monitor's emulation of my phone's display?

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

If you had already installed an app like MyPhone Explorer, it would be easy. If not, go to the Play store on your computer's browser - Google Play - and tell it to install the app.

Then, running the PC part of the app on your PC, connect to the phone. (It'll connect by USB, Bluetooth or wifi.) One of the Extras (menu at the top) is "Control Phone". It's just a bit laggy, but it works.

Reactions: eguy2 and nawrokrz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones