• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any way to put Razr Maxx on Boost

I was wondering if anybody knew if a Verizon Razr Maxx xt912 could be activated on Boost? I'd appreciate any how-to's or guides if available. Thank you.

If the Razr Maxx is CDMA, then yes, you can have someone flash the phone to Boost Mobile. Google "Cell phone flashing service" and you'll find several companies that can do this.

Reactions: t4nkee
Upvote 0
I haven't done a Motorola phone myself. But I've heard about it. It is not a flash like Samsung or HTC phones. It is a file or a script placed somewhere on the phone (my guess? On the EFS partition) that alters the phone's MEID after reboot. So the MEID is not changed permanently but it is changed after every boot up (or maybe it needs to be run after every boot) and the results are pretty much the same.

Reactions: t4nkee
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones