Any word on Fresh FRoyo?

Last Updated:

1. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

loving Fresh but was hopping they had froyo on the way

Advertisement
  2. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

I'm a flipz donor, and have not heard a peep at all about it. flipz is supposed to be building a Fresh Kitchen (PC-based ROM management) for EVO like he did for the Hero. I could be completely wrong, but I think he may be waiting for the official froyo release before he incorporates it into his ROM

I'm still happy with the freshevo1.0.1 ROM. I have a crash once every few days but otherwise no complaints. I really don't feel like flashing cyanogen currently as I have the phone tweaked quite well and will just wait to see what happens with Froyo. I'm sure that its going to be flipz's next project after the new Kitchen is working well.

3. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i like sense and i like fresh i'm just hoping for 2.2 lol

4. Sprockethead

Sprockethead Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm sticking with 1.0.1 for now. I don't get any crashes at all. It is as stable is the stock system, but I have it all set up just like I want it. I don't know what Froyo is really going to improve on for me. Most everything is already instantaneous on this camera, and I'm getting 50+ fps. What is Froyo going to bring?

5. ryan2202

ryan2202 Well-Known Member

Really? My Fresh 1.0.1 has never crashed, literally. I havent even had many FC's since the initial install where wireless tether needed to be reinstalled. My Fresh Updater will FC sometime if I try to open it in landscape mode. Otherwise it has been 100% stable.

Im sure Froyo is on the way and like his previous ROMs I would assume he wants to get out a completely stable and reliable build where everything works.

6. sag7392

sag7392 Well-Known Member

I'm the same way...no rush. Like many, I have several reasons as to why I'm not in a rush. Here's mine- Great, stable, smooth, and fast ROM (Fresh 1.0.1 is really Fresh), hitting 52-53fps (via N-T kernel 3.7.3), averaging 19-20 MFLOPS (via Frozen Eclair), great theme (Aloysius) + LauncherPro in the mix, and my battery life is amazing. A coworker has an EVO that's rooted, but not really customized and you can clearly see a difference between the two.

So with that, when Flipz cooks up the 2.2 ROM and all things come together, then I'll make the switch.

7. tjwoo

tjwoo Well-Known Member

scott2055 likes this.
  8. scott2055

scott2055 Member

Just saw this -- looks like we'll have to look elsewhere for a 2.2 ROM. At least for awhile anyway...

9. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

its out for donors :) downloading now

10. lamboh

lamboh Well-Known Member