• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anybody else with speaker buzz?

sooner2k1

Lurker
Jun 14, 2010
My headset speaker (non-speaker phone) has a buzz to it when the in-call volume is all the way up, or one notch away from full. If I call voice mail, any automated line, or anybody speaks loudly the words are distorted by the speaker buzz. I'm not sure how else to describe it other than distortion/speaker issue.

Does anybody else have their in-call volume all the way up that could confirm whether this is happening on theirs? My wife has the incredible and when I compare on her voicemail full in-call volume, it is perfect.

I'm thinking about exchanging at Best Buy, but wan't to make sure its not common before I do. Would hate to go through the trouble if they all make this buzz/distortion.

Thanks everyone.

I wonder how common this is. It would stink to go through the trouble, only to have one of the bad ones again. Maybe I could get best buy to test it in-store before I get stuck with it.

Also stinks that I already installed a Skinomi skin. Will either have to buy another one, or pay shipping which negates the savings of having it replaced.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones