Support Anybody else with speaker buzz?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sooner2k1, Jul 18, 2010.

1. sooner2k1

sooner2k1 Member

Jun 14, 2010
    My headset speaker (non-speaker phone) has a buzz to it when the in-call volume is all the way up, or one notch away from full. If I call voice mail, any automated line, or anybody speaks loudly the words are distorted by the speaker buzz. I'm not sure how else to describe it other than distortion/speaker issue.

Does anybody else have their in-call volume all the way up that could confirm whether this is happening on theirs? My wife has the incredible and when I compare on her voicemail full in-call volume, it is perfect.

I'm thinking about exchanging at Best Buy, but wan't to make sure its not common before I do. Would hate to go through the trouble if they all make this buzz/distortion.

Thanks everyone.

Advertisement
  2. PatrickBatemanVP

PatrickBatemanVP Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    VA
    Yes mine does the exact same thing, only on the top 2 volume notches. Its very annoying and I'll definitely try to swap mine out for a different one

sooner2k1 likes this.
  3. jmill75

jmill75 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Had the same issue, mine was horrible. Took it back and had it replaced, works awesome now.

sooner2k1 likes this.
  4. sooner2k1

sooner2k1 Member

Jun 14, 2010
    I wonder how common this is. It would stink to go through the trouble, only to have one of the bad ones again. Maybe I could get best buy to test it in-store before I get stuck with it.

Also stinks that I already installed a Skinomi skin. Will either have to buy another one, or pay shipping which negates the savings of having it replaced.

5. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    I work in a Tech related field. Have been in a tec
    SouthEastern US
    same problem here. Looks like i will be calling customer support this afternoon.