• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody exchanged their phone with their carrier since the JB update?

Galaxynote_guy

Sep 24, 2012
Nottingham UK
I'm losing the will to live ;)

Like many, my phone has gone all spastic since the JB upgrade and despite trying everything that I can find on the subject to sort it out, it still hangs like a bitch, sometimes freezing for 60 seconds or so while it does whatever it is doing. It is almost unuseable, I press the screen and have to wait while it decides what to do. I'm left standing there wondering if it's processing or whether it's missed the demand. Sometimes I press again and yes, you've guessed it, it opens twice.
Anyway. I was considering sending it back to EE so that they can send me a replacement. The question is this.
Has anyone done this yet and did it help?
You may recall, I recently changed my phone due to a charging issue and the handset I received as a replacement was not brand new and had ICS loaded. Consequently, as I was going through the config stages, I updated the software.
Is it possible that it is just the phone that is the problem. i.e it's probably an old refurb and the guys that are running JB successfully have got "newer" GT-N7000's
OR will I get a new handset and within a few days the problem will re occour
I hope that makes sense :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones