• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody familiar with Resco Explorer on WinMo?

bartalane

Dec 6, 2010
I'm a recent crossover from WinMo to Android and so far I'm very pleased with the new-to-me OS.

The only application I truly miss is Resco File Explorer and its built in FTP client. I love the look and feel of it, I just find it to be the ideal file manager for a handheld.

The first thing I did was go to Resco's site but for some reason they only create software for WinMo. Seems like they are missing a ton of market share but nothing wrong with niche specialization I suppose.

I purchase the ATOM browser. It's pretty good and I'm OK with it. It seems a bit sluggish to me and no FTP client which I really miss. I also don't care for the black background which virtually every Android File Manager seems to use.

Resco had quick, easy to use menus as well. It's just a nice piece of software.

To those of you familiar with Resco do you have a File Explorer you can recommend? I tweak my phones a lot, make a lot of changes, etc. I probably use my file explorer more than any other app on my phone so I really want a good one and I don't mind paying for it. (E.G. I'd be happy to pay $20-30 to get Resco right now.)

Thanks for any suggestions.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones