• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anybody still having occasional touchscreen issues?

D

daffyduck

Since the last update to 2.1, it seems clear that occasional touchscreen issues continue with my phone. This for me is the must annoying glitch with this phone, as the radio signal seems to have improved...

Is the touchscreen problem likely to get rectified with an update, or should I return my phone under warranty?

Other than that, I am loving the phone.

i haven't noticed anything since getting my 2nd Nexus - update was installed as soon as I charged it, never used it without the udpate... But I haven't noticed any screen issues at all (ie. touch calibration all out of whack - touch and the reaction is like a half inch lower...)... things are running smooooth :D

but as i said, never used this one pre update... and my first one was returned before the update released... so i don't know if it's a function of slightly later build hardware (since I can only assume my 2nd one was built later).... but maybe that's the case...

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies.......glad to hear the consensus view that it is a software bug, not something related to hardware.

A fix I have noticed is by long pressing an icon nearby the one that you are having the issue with. Also, it seems to be that the issue happens to me when the phone has been "up" a long time - e.g. yesterday's example, 96 hours before rebooting solved the problem.....could be wrong though.

:D

Upvote 0
Yes I have used the tilt-landscape, sleep, tilt portrait, wake method to quickly fix, has worked without fail for me.

I have noticed I only get this problem when I am laying down and so am doing something with the N1 tilted to the right slightly, something about this must confuse it till you do you tilt/sleep method.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones