Anybody still having occasional touchscreen issues?

Last Updated:

1. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Since the last update to 2.1, it seems clear that occasional touchscreen issues continue with my phone. This for me is the must annoying glitch with this phone, as the radio signal seems to have improved...

Is the touchscreen problem likely to get rectified with an update, or should I return my phone under warranty?

Other than that, I am loving the phone.

Advertisement
  2. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

i haven't noticed anything since getting my 2nd Nexus - update was installed as soon as I charged it, never used it without the udpate... But I haven't noticed any screen issues at all (ie. touch calibration all out of whack - touch and the reaction is like a half inch lower...)... things are running smooooth :D

but as i said, never used this one pre update... and my first one was returned before the update released... so i don't know if it's a function of slightly later build hardware (since I can only assume my 2nd one was built later).... but maybe that's the case...

3. Who Cares?

Who Cares? Well-Known Member

I get it once in a while. Usually happens with cold weather? And cold fingers. I usually just steam it up with breath clean screen and it works fine

4. ghitos73

ghitos73 Active Member

I get the touchscreen issue once in a while ... Haven't seen it in the last few days though. Same issue where you would touch an icon and it would be a half inch off. After I reboot the phone the issue goes away.

5. omeyga

omeyga Well-Known Member

Same here... not as bad after the update, but still happens and requires a reboot.

6. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Once in a while, much rarer than before. Doesn't require reboot; my usual tilt-the-phone and/or turning off the screen then waking it tricks work.

7. omeyga

omeyga Well-Known Member

I agree, the tilt/sleep-wake typically works... but not always.

8. TOR

TOR Well-Known Member

Had it once or twice, but usually pressing the soft keys or sleep/wake fixes it.

9. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies.......glad to hear the consensus view that it is a software bug, not something related to hardware.

A fix I have noticed is by long pressing an icon nearby the one that you are having the issue with. Also, it seems to be that the issue happens to me when the phone has been "up" a long time - e.g. yesterday's example, 96 hours before rebooting solved the problem.....could be wrong though.

:D

10. mazka

mazka Active Member

Yes I have used the tilt-landscape, sleep, tilt portrait, wake method to quickly fix, has worked without fail for me.

I have noticed I only get this problem when I am laying down and so am doing something with the N1 tilted to the right slightly, something about this must confuse it till you do you tilt/sleep method.

11. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i have issues also.. the only thing that fixes it for me is to put it in stanby then bring it back

12. markie-m8

markie-m8 Well-Known Member

Yeah I have some issues now and again, standby and back on again sorts them out.