• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anymore news on the getting the DroidX keyboard to work?

Upvote 0
hi,

im stock unrooted as well.

use Astrozip.

copy the kb to your sd cards root location.

use astrozip, unzip it

it will go to system/apps i believe.

from there you will see "LAtinIME.apk"

install that...

then proceed with how to activate the keyboard....
Thanks, I actually figured it out. It would not let me install it with Froyo stock keyboard on my phone. I had to uninstall it first. Then it worked. It doesn't seem to different from stock to be honest. Just different theme.

Upvote 0
yea i would uninstall any other keyboards prior to doing this..

the bluesp one i am using is pretty slick. i prefer it over the stock one with the huge arrows which i didn't use.... of course YMMV...

Yes if u have any previous version of droid x or multi touch KB uninstall before trying this. Thats what happened to me. It wouldnt install until I did that then it went thru fine.

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
Ok, so I'm working on installing all these keyboards to see which I really like the best.

I'm trying to download the "X" Keyboard and got so far as to install and extract the APK, but i'm lost at that point. I dont know what "flash the apk" means?

Please advise what I need to do from here to get this keyboard installed?

Droid X multitouch keyboard 2.2 addition themed - Page 2 - xda-developers

Upvote 0
actually, there's another way to install this as well lol
just download the zip. unzip it, then go to system > app and copy the apk over to your sd card and now you have an installable apk file. don't even have to use Astro or anything.

it's worth noting, though, that this is only the original modified to work on our device. double tap for the ., key doesn't work and there's some error where if you type something in like "i'm @ Jenny's house" then it actually comes out like "i'm@ Jenny's house". for whatever reason, symbols stick to the last letter before it. so, i'll be waiting for the Droid X to get FroYo and then for someone to dump their updated keyboard.

Upvote 0
That unzipped the file for me, inside that file was more files and folders, thats where I'm stuck I dont know what to do with them. I found one file I could "install" but it says I already have that.

Is this a problem with trying to have to many keyboards?

if you have the Android keyboard installed, you must uninstall it first, as it replaces that. this is another problem with this modified version. when the real one drops from a dump, you'll be able to have more than just the Droid X and stock HTC keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones