• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone boycotting the TSA scanners tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm among the very few who saw the dark humor intended there.

Hey EarlyMon.... not so sure what the point is with his post. Perhaps he is kidding. Only a silly man would think that private property owners lack certain rights and there are no trespassing laws.

I'll assume he is not serious.

Someone mentioned shooting. Not a good idea and not the way I'll deal with trespassers. I'll prefer to give the police the job of removing errant trespassers if they are camping on my property sans permission. Nice person? Well, camp away. Just clean up, leave the little animals alone and no littering.

Bob Maxey

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Hey EarlyMon.... not so sure what the point is with his post. Perhaps he is kidding. Only a silly man would think that private property owners lack certain rights and there are no trespassing laws.

Someone mentioned shooting. Not a good idea and not the way I'll deal with trespassers. I'll prefer to give the police the job of removing errant trespassers if they are camping on my property sans permission. Nice person? Well, camp away. Just clean up, leave the little animals alone and no littering.

Bob Maxey

If I got shot at every time I walked across someone's lawn, I so would not have survived my childhood.

Upvote 0
no, i'm pretty sure if you were camped on my property, airports STILL wouldn't be privately owned ;) way to change your point when you were disproven though :p

The point is moot. In the end you are passing through the airport to fly a plane. Who's name is on the side of the plane?

I think I'm among the very few who saw the dark humor intended there.

I'm a cynic, you've notice right?

Bob Maxey

Private property holds one rule that the local police will enforce. You will do what the owner wants or leave. There are no if's, and's or but's. You don't like it leave.

Now lets move on...this topic has been beat to death... twice.

Upvote 0
The point is moot. In the end you are passing through the airport to fly a plane. Who's name is on the side of the plane?

whose name is on the side of a school bus? it's still public transportation unless it's a private school. Same for city buses. And your point is moot because even if it was private property, they still couldn't do this constitutionally. Mainly because of the fact that they won't let you leave if you don't consent to the scanners or search. What would happen if you went to Walmart and they informed you that you would have to be searched before entering. You tell them no, but then they detain you. That's illegal. So is what is happening at airports. Our citizens are just too chickenshit these days to do anything about it.

Upvote 0
whose name is on the side of a school bus? it's still public transportation unless it's a private school. Same for city buses. And your point is moot because even if it was private property, they still couldn't do this constitutionally. Mainly because of the fact that they won't let you leave if you don't consent to the scanners or search. What would happen if you went to Walmart and they informed you that you would have to be searched before entering. You tell them no, but then they detain you. That's illegal. So is what is happening at airports. Our citizens are just too chickenshit these days to do anything about it.

Fine if you say so. This has been covered in this thread before...this thread really need to die.

Upvote 0
I travel over seas often. I have no problem with the scans. Kinda want the plane I fly on to land safely....there AND here. I think racial profiling was the reason behind EVERYONE being scanned. Thank your local and federal leaders...(i.e. you voters) for making racial profiling 'wrong' and 'us' for enduring the results.
Deal with it, or don't fly!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones