• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone else have issues with Metro's Block-It app?

MyUsernameRox

Android Enthusiast
Jan 5, 2012
San Luis Obispo, CA
Well, first of all the Metro app was not working for me. Sometimes calls would be blocked, other times they wouldn't be blocked. So I deleted the app and re-installed it. The VERY first call from a blocked number not only got through, it rang 4-5 times, and went to voicemail-and of course they left a message.

As far as free call blocking apps available on the market, I have yet to find ONE LOUSY APP that does what it claims-actually BLOCKS calls. Every app I've tried has sent the calls straight to voicemail, which not only is NOT blocking them, I can do that in the "edit contacts" section on my phone.

Halp.

progress.gif

MY issue is with Metro PCS's strange policy with a discounted plan.....

I have the $30/month Promotional Plan, which I went on last year, in October 2012.

I was able to use the BlockIt Service on a "trial" basis. I entered in several numbers I wanted blocked.

After the trial service was up, I assumed that I would go into the plan and be charged the monthly fee.

METRO PCS HAS TOLD ME THAT WITH MY "PROMO PLAN" THAT I CANNOT GET ANY OTHER SERVICES ADDED, INCLUDING THE BLOCK-IT SERVICE, UNLESS I GO TO A $40/MONTH PLAN.

I read this as abusive. The ****ing company doesn't mind advertising the BlockIt service to me, knowing that to get it, I would only have to add $10/month, plus the cost of the service.

FU Metro PCS !!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones