• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone else notice the downloads section in market changed to sprint?

Mine still has Downloads

Attachments

• 21830728500_ORIG.jpg
    21830728500_ORIG.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 21830668925_ORIG.jpg
    21830668925_ORIG.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
There's a thread about this on the xda EVO forums as well...somebody with a Droid X just said their download tab turned to Verizon...so this seems to be Android wide. Looks like Google is making some changes in their Market. Also, I have a developer account and they just changed the licensing agreement there and stated that new payment options for devs would be available soon. Overall, I think Google is making some significant changes to the Android Market.

Upvote 0
For some reason, when I launch market where it used to show downloads in the third tab it now shows sprint ... any one else have this? I asked a few others but theirs still say downloads

yes, i've just noticed that on my htc evo 4g... this change happened sometime today.
don't know if you already seen this but if you hit 'menu' you will see a 'downloads' option.

Upvote 0
Or, they are freezing out apps they don't want you to have... like tethering apps... don't some carriers already do that?

No point in that unless they also blocked side loading of apps, and, that's just not going to happen. Only AT&T do this to Android, probably because they want to be able to continue to justify the reasons why you can't side-load on the iPhone too.

Upvote 0
No point in that unless they also blocked side loading of apps, and, that's just not going to happen. Only AT&T do this to Android, probably because they want to be able to continue to justify the reasons why you can't side-load on the iPhone too.

Makes sense... and I believe you're right. AT&T was the carrier that blocked stuff, IIRC.

Upvote 0
For some reason, when I launch market where it used to show downloads in the third tab it now shows sprint ... any one else have this? I asked a few others but theirs still say downloads

This is happening with mine as well. One other little tid bit that's going on with mine. You know how you brought out in the Market app it used to say "Downloads" and now it says "Sprint". Well there WAS also a listing of what we HAD downloaded and/or purchased in that "Downloads" area correct? Now however what I have is just a listing of all kinds of applications that I havn't even heard of. I think there is only 1 application in that listing that I have even downloaded/installed, and that is "Pandora Ratdio", everything else I've either not heard of it, nor paid for, nor downloaded it/installed it.

What did they do change the whole fricking format on us?

EDIT: WEIRD, this has not happened to my wifes EVO and I purchased and activated both of them at the same time. This could be due to the fact that she never purchases anything via the Market...not sure..???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones