• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Anyone go from touch pro2 to moment?

george919

Lurker
Nov 5, 2009
Hello everyone. I am on my 2nd windows mobile phone. I bought the touch pro 2 a few weeks ago and while the phone is great I am tired of the typical wm headaches. I am doing daily soft resets, etc. Grrrrr! Anyways, has anyone made the leap from the TP2 to the moment? how has the change been? I have one week to decide whether I will return the tp2.

I havent owned a TP2 but I did use one for a day or so and I've owned a TP. The TP2 is more business centric with the mobile office apps and native outlook compatibility. The ONLY reason I would choose the TP2 is if I absolutely needed to edit office and create office docs and/or you're tied to the offices outlook exchange server. The speakerphone setup on the TP2 is slick, but not necessary and the Moment is significantly louder. I loved the WM OS in the stand alone PDA days, but beyond a little recent window dressing the OS has changed little since then. Maybe WM7 will bring WM out of the dark ages, but WM 6.x is over complicated unstable crap. I just replaced my TP with a Moment and I feel like I was released from prison.

Upvote 0
I havent owned a TP2 but I did use one for a day or so and I've owned a TP. The TP2 is more business centric with the mobile office apps and native outlook compatibility. The ONLY reason I would choose the TP2 is if I absolutely needed to edit office and create office docs and/or you're tied to the offices outlook exchange server. The speakerphone setup on the TP2 is slick, but not necessary and the Moment is significantly louder. I loved the WM OS in the stand alone PDA days, but beyond a little recent window dressing the OS has changed little since then. Maybe WM7 will bring WM out of the dark ages, but WM 6.x is over complicated unstable crap. I just replaced my TP with a Moment and I feel like I was released from prison.

Thanks for the feedback!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones