• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone keeping moment over evo?

I called Sprint the other evening because both my wife's phone and my phone have been extremely slow even after a reboot, and they have been locking up. I was told the only thing I can do is bring them into the sprint store. I'd have to flash them first as I have the official sprint ROM with root and live wallpaper. I'm sure they would tell me it's because of that.

Upvote 0
Airplane mode earlier today, and now running strictly vanilla without even accessing the android market I had... you guessed it... C. D. M. A. Lockup!

AAAAAAANNNND, I am going to be on my 4th Samsung Moment on Wednesday. At this point I am just seeing it as a challenge for how fast I can make it lockup while running 100% vanilla. :eek:
Sorry to hear that.

I'm still on my first moment, no lock ups... runs fine on vanilla, with Panda91Home running as the skin.

Upvote 0
That really sucks. I picked my first one up the day after release, and like you both it had none of the lockup issues that everyone else talked about. But after 3 weeks it stopped charging... A very strange issue that I have only seen one or two other people report.

After that I received a clean <30day swap for a new Moment... and that's when the fun began :(

I had that POS for waaaaaay too long. Now 2 more swaps later... lets just say that I've been disappointed in Sprint/Samsung up until this most recent phone. Now I'm just Fing pissed. This next one better work. If it doesn't work and they don't get me into a better phone (And at this point, 8 defective months later, I'm not going to settle for less than the Evo) then Sprint can kiss an 11yr customer goodbye. :mad:

So lets just hope tomorrow brings good (non-defective) news in the mail.

Upvote 0
i can understand if your old phone broke and you need a phone, but i guess what i'm saying is you probably should have dug up an old phone or bought something on ebay. i hope you didnt pop your discount... I mean i guess its old hat now and you'll do whatcha want but there really are better options right around the corner.

Upvote 0
i can understand if your old phone broke and you need a phone, but i guess what i'm saying is you probably should have dug up an old phone or bought something on ebay. i hope you didnt pop your discount... I mean i guess its old hat now and you'll do whatcha want but there really are better options right around the corner.
I would usually agree with you Zumaki, but the better option around the corner (an Android with side-slider keyboard) is another Samsung... Granted it is 2nd generation, I still would avoid it.

Though if I wasn't anti-Samsung and was going to pick the best keyboard option, you're right. It would be best to wait.

Upvote 0
Meh. I don't have faith in Samsung to make a phone right, but I think the more important message is "don't buy the Moment mk 1."
Agreed

But back to my original issues... (self centered?)
I opened and registered my 4th moment today... I have already had 1 CDMA lockup and 1 Airplane mode :thinking: Is it something that I am doing?

This Moment is fresh... maybe a refurb. There's no indication that it is a refurb, though it didn't come in the original box. Anyways, I didn't even registered the thing in the market yet and decided to run the data on 2 youtube videos and... BAM! CDMA Lockup!:(:(:(

At this point I am going to try to swap to an Evo. I have invested over $50 into the Android market, so I do not want to go to any other OS (not that I would want to anyways, android is AWESOME). So wth am I supposed to do? If I take it into a repair center tomorrow they will probably think that I am sabotaging the damn thing. But I can't take this phone consistantly locking up on me through 3 devices!

I don't want the Hero b/c it is outdated, slow, and has too small of a screen to type on for me. The only alternative I see at this point is the Evo. There is no other phone (through Sprint) that will utilize the android market at my desired level other than ANOTHER Moment or the Evo:( I guess I'll wait and see what happens tomorrow...

Upvote 0
My wife just had to get a new Moment today due to keyboard issues. She has had the ribbon replaced twice in it, and it just wasn't sliding right, so they gave her a new one.

Only problem I have with my Moment is that I completely loose service and have to reboot the phone to get connected again.
That's the airplane mode issue. Next time it happens, hold down the 'END' button, and it will pop up the menu with a few options on it. One of them is an option to put the phone into airplane mode. Check and see if the phone 'thinks' that it is already in airplane mode... but it will not let you unselect it.

Upvote 0
I am content at the Moment.
wink.gif

Upvote 0
When you put it into Air plane mode, the bars has a little plane on it. When I have my problem I get an X and it says (No Service).
Exactly. The airplane mode issue that everyone talks about is exactly that. Although there is an 'X' in the signal bars (not an airplane) if you check you will see that the phone thinks it is in airplane mode. Welcome to the club...:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones