• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help anyone know how to disable the auto dial (phone icon visible from call log) feature on Optimus M?

agehya

Lurker
Feb 22, 2011
NJ
I suffer from Parkinson's like symptoms and have difficulty handling small items like our beloved little Optimus M cells. Due to my symptoms (and accidental taps on my purse through my cellphone case), my phone sometimes "butt calls" (unintentionally dials) people in my recently called list due to inadvertent taps on those phone icons that appear to the right of people's names in the Call Log and the Favorites lists. This usually happens after a call because the phone defaults to the call log screen so those phone icons are displayed (and they are VERY sensitive to accidental touch). I want to disable that feature so this embarrassing problem stops. Does anyone here know how to disable or hide those icons? I would rather have to click on the name then the number so I don't have to worry about the unintentional calls. I accidentally dialed my boss one day and she listened in to my conversation with friends for several minutes before she realized it was a butt call. Thankfully, I was saying nice things about her! Thanks in advance to anyone who has advice for me.

I feel your pain. This happens frequently to me and I don't have a medical condition to blame. After a call while putting the phone into the holster or setting it down I often inadvertently make calls.

This did result in an embarrassing situation once where my brother and I were talking smack about my dad while I had butt dialed him. He did not answer and had the voicemail message to replay to EVERYONE for weeks.

FYI: We were just saying how pesky he was being by calling us ten times a day...nothing too terrible.

Anyway...it does happen almost daily.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones