• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Anyone know how to have the default photo gallery just show photos, not videos too?

Go into Gallery, click the menu button, select settings, click on the default albums and you can select what you want to see and not see.

Hope this helps, or is what you are looking for.

If not i personally downloaded PhotoVault, and VideoVault. Those seperate the pics form video, after moving them to "private"

Upvote 0
Make a vids file outside of the dcim folder on the drive. Add the vids to the vids folder and they will move. With froyo there is a Video app now so it only accesses video files. The only vids left in my pics folder are the vids i shoot.

I have two folders that have video. One is set as /sdcard/video and the other one is /sdcard/youtube. So that wouldn't be the case. It's just annoying. Froyo added it's own video app which plays all the videos I have just fine but they just show up on my photo viewer as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones