• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone still here??

I'm a kinda re-n00b at this who's hung around a few weeks. I was here a few years ago (not sure if I even made a user and if I did, what is was) and grabbed some stuff to root. Put on some cm7 beta at the time, but it was too flaky for day-to-day so I left with a much improved stock and just used it as an average phone. A few weeks ago I realized I had a spare laying around (I had three at the time, wife/son had the same) and was thinking of making a dashcam or wardriving rig or a really intelligent mp3 player or.. you know..

Looking, it kinda turned into "Woah, you can do all this now?" and a long rereading of various hazy out of order and to variously degrees misinformed or insightful threads and started flashing on my mostly-says-beep-when-theres-mail phone still in use. I'm probably around done unless I flash some life into one of them for another kid (on an old mostly stock lg l38c now) if it feels fun enough. It's kind of surreal remembering all the issues and limitations that were and constantly going "Oh cool, so they solved that!".

So some people likely drift through, it's quite a nice little collection. Most are probably embarrassed to say anything since it's kind of bizarre (by societies standards) to sit around and tweak code for a device that's mostly forgotten and wasn't even that cool to start with just because there's really a pretty solid base of open and working stuff to build off.

Upvote 0
I still have this particular forum marked, but haven't checked it out for well over 3 weeks as I've moved on to the LG F6. The Admire may not have been the coolest phone out there when it was released, but I have nothing but love & respect for it just the same. A quickly unlocked bootloader + the fantastic devs here = WIN 4 All of Us!

I still have both of mine (mine running OA 2.3, wife's running stock root), and I'm not sure what I'll do with them. I suppose if someone offered me a reasonable amount of $$$.... :D

Many, many thanks to all those who made this phone a gas to have & play with!

Upvote 0
Yea Home is Home. Got 4 admires, All are my own custom ROMs.

are there any ROMS you made you have not release :D if you can and it does not bother you then maybe you could release them.

also i think the viper's admire link is down...

anyways i counted all the people that posted and thats 10 counting me and i know there are still some people left that have not replied to this thread :p pretty good still for such an old device.

i've seen newer devices die faster -cough- admire 4G -cough-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones